Dreamflight Paper Plane Challenge
DREAMFLIGHT CHALLENGE: LONDON TO FLORIDA ON A PAPER PLANE
Remember the ‘ALS Ice Bucket Challenge’? Seen the ‘21 press ups in 21 days’ challenge lately? Well now it’s our turn.
To raise awareness and encourage donations, we’ve designed a social media campaign that asks people all over the world to support the opportunity Dreamflight gives children every year, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
The idea behind ‘London to Florida on a paper plane’ is simple: film yourself throwing a paper plane on camera, upload the video to Twitter and/or Facebook, and nominate three people you know to do the same.
Every throw of a paper plane counts as 1km of the 7,058km it takes to fly from London to Florida, and once we’ve had enough entries, we’ll bring all the videos together to create the longest paper plane journey ever recorded.
How you can get involved:
- Make a paper plane– click here for a guide.
- Get a friend or family member lined up to help film your clip.
- Film the throwing of your paper plane to symbolise your leg of the 7,058km flight.
- Remember, if you can’t throw the plane yourself, you can get friends, or family members to help you. Get as creative as you like.
- Upload your film to Facebook and/or twitter anytime from 11th October 2016.
- Write your message on Facebook/Twitter. We suggest: Donate to @Dreamflight by texting DFLY30 £1 to 70070. Outside the UK go to https://bit.ly/2dxfgCV. [TAG three friends]
- Remember to make the post ‘public’.
- Set up your phone horizontally to record or ask someone to film you.
- Facing the camera, introduce your involvement with something like “My name is [x], and I’ve donated £1 to take part in the world’s longest paper plane journey. Here’s my Dreamflight.”
- Remember this is personal to you, so it doesn’t need to be exactly as above, please share whatever you feel you’d like to.
- Then nominate three friends. “I nominate Mo, Jill and Bob to get involved.”
- Move to the right of the camera – so you throw from left to right on screen.
- Have fun!